Lennox & Addington Resources for Children (LARC) is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to meeting the diverse needs and demands of today's children and families by providing quality care, ongoing public education and advocacy to the community of Lennox and Addington.
The organization strives to develop mutually beneficial relationships, emphasizing community attachment by recognizing each child as unique and helping them to reach their full potential.
LARC is dedicated to providing quality educational programs and resources based on best practices and through a multi-service approach that allows children, parents, staff, and Home Childcare
Providers to strengthen family and community relationships.
We believe that:
- EVERY child has the right to a safe, nurturing environment that meets her or his emotional, social, physical, cognitive, cultural and developmental needs.
- Children learn best through play based experiences and we are committed to providing an enriching environment of play based opportunities for learning.
- Relationships are viewed as central to our work with children and families as we seek out opportunities to collaborate and work together at every level.
- Children are viewed as competent, inventive and full of ideas with rights rather than needs.
- Families have a right to affordable, accessible and inclusive child care options.
Lennox and Addington Resources for Children is committed to the provision of quality child care and support to families by:
- Enabling continuous learning and development for educators, staff and volunteers.
- Sustaining a community in which the organization promotes continuous improvement and innovation.
- Maintaining sound fiscal management, accountability and effective use of resources.
- Building relationships and working co-operatively with families, funders, educators, staff and our community.
- Providing ongoing public education and advocacy for early learning and child care.